That’s right. You heard me. I’m ok with being single. Right now anyway.
There are actually a lot of benefits to being single. I have a few to share with you.
5 Reasons Being Single [right now] Is Ok
1) Who needs a boyfriend when you have a sugar daddy? I mean really. Who doesn’t like getting spoiled. I don’t need a boyfriend to do that when I have my sugar daddy! Let me note that my sugar daddy is also my biological daddy but he likes to spoil me so I sometimes refer to him as my sugar daddy. He knows how to treat me right!
2) I save a lot of money around the holidays. Especially Christmas. I can also entirely skip spending money on certain occasions such as Valentine’s day, birthdays, anniversaries and all those “just because” days throughout the year. All those little gifts and holidays add up quickly!
3) I don’t have to worry about impressing anyone by looking super nice all the time.
–I can totally skip out on personal hygiene if I choose to for a day, a week, a month…(not that I do, but it sure feels nice to have that option)
–I don’t even have to think about what I wear. I can choose comfort over fashion. I often choose comfort simply because I was raised in loungewear. This was also engrained in me because growing up, kids didn’t start wearing matching shirts and shorts until at least 7th grade. We wore oversized tshirts and umbro shorts. Now, 5 year olds come to school in outfits that are more fashionable than me. Well actually my niece, who is almost one, is always dressed cuter than me too. But the rules don’t apply to her…
–I don’t have to worry about being high maintenance with my hair. Thank goodness! Actually, with my hair I learned a long time ago not to worry about how it looks. It does what it wants anyway. I quickly learned two words. Pony. Tail.
4) People pray for single people more. It’s a well known fact. I know this to be personally true because my grandmother reminds me she is praying for me to find someone every time I see her. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. Seriously though, who couldn’t use a few extra prayers. Even if it’s for something you aren’t looking for at the moment (like a boyfriend). I mean at the very least it keeps your name fresh in God’s mind (not that He’d forget about me but still it’s a nice thought that he’s frequently reminded of me).
5) The main reason I am glad I’m single is because I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing. I wouldn’t be able to travel as much as I do. I certainly wouldn’t be able to pick up and move to another country for two years. And while I’m being completely honest, let me also add that I would miss out on living with Nicole and all the adventures that seem to follow her.
You see it’s hard leaving family. It’s hard not seeing family for weeks, months, years. But they are family; they are required to love you no matter how much time passes between your visits.
The advice: Run as hard as you can after Jesus and look to your right or left and see who’s there. Then run even harder and faster before looking to your right and left again. Whoever is beside you is who you need to be with.
Too much of my life I’ve spent walking behind God or at best jogging. So now I’m determined to run. I’m running focused on only on him. I’ll look to see who’s beside me a little later!