Holiday season is here! I just celebrated one round of Thanksgiving this past weekend and I have been listening to Family Force 5 Christmas music since July and the rest since Nov. 1! What can I say, I love the holidays. They are especially more meaningful this year since it will be the last time I will be able to celebrate with my family for two years. So in celebrating Thanksgiving this week…
5 Things I’m Thankful For (in no order):
1) My family. They are such a major part of my life and I am so grateful to be able to spend this holiday season with them. And not just my immediate family but our extended family always spends Thanksgivings and Christmases together. But this is my immediate family with the newest addition and center of attention Avery!
2) Prunes. Prunes? Yes. Prunes. No I don’t particularly care for prunes and neither does my niece, Avery, but she has to eat them (she just started some baby food). Without them, I wouldn’t have seen her wink (or make all these other cute faces).
3) Speaking of family, I am so grateful to know 23 of the most amazing kids ever. I say that every time I talk about them, but it’s true. I first met the kids at Casa Hogar when I went to Honduras with World Hope. I stayed at the orphanage for several weeks and the kids made me feel like family. I was able to go back in April and took some friends with me. Here is a video we shared with churches when we got back. (I’m going back to see them in June…one more time before I leave for Albania) Below is a picture of all the kids.
4) I’m also thankful for all the encouragement I’ve received to help me prepare for Albania. To know that people are interested in and praying for me and my ministry is very humbling. And knowing people are not only investing in me and my ministry through prayer but financially as well is awesome! I have 20% of the amount I need to be able to leave by July! That is just exciting! (You can sign up for my prayer list, journey updates, or give financially…80% to be exact 🙂 just kidding unless you want to)
5) I’m thankful that Avery’s going to come spend Thanksgiving with me! She’s coming to NC for 5 days and I can’t wait. Even though I just saw her yesterday! But I love her! (In case you haven’t figured it out, she’s going to be the hardest part of leaving for me.) I’m going to miss her napping in my arms…
So be thankful, not just this season, but year round! I have so much to be thankful for and hopefully you do too!!